Workers’ Compensation Lawyer in Los Angeles
Hundreds of Millions Recovered for Our Clients
In the state of California, most employers are required to provide insurance benefits to protect their employees in the event of an accident. If you are hurt, injured, or exposed to hazardous materials while working, you may be eligible to receive financial compensation under the insurance protection of your employer. This insurance coverage is commonly known as “workers’ comp.”
How to Request & Receive Workers’ Comp in California
If you have been injured at work, you must report your injury in order to request and receive workers’ compensation. It is important to remember that workers’ compensation does not need proof of liability or negligence in order to receive financial compensation. You only need to prove that your injury is work-related or occurred while you were on the job.
Typically, the workers’ comp filing process includes the following steps:
- Get medical treatment as soon as possible.
- Report your injury or stress-related illness as soon as you display symptoms or as soon as you learn the injury has been caused by your line of work.
- Once you have notified your employer, you employer must give you a compensation claim form within 1-working day of your injury.
- With the help of an attorney, submit your completed form to your insurance company.
- Your insurance company should send you a status report within 14 days.
If your employer does not learn about your work-related injury within 30 days, you could be permanently barred from requesting financial benefits. If your work-related injury was caused by negligence or an unsafe condition, our legal team can help you pursue additional compensation through a personal injury claim.
Your Entitled Benefits Under Workers’ Compensation
When you come to our firm, we can sit down with you and discuss your case in complete detail. Our legal team is comprised of seasoned litigators and a support staff employed by field and private investigators. We can value your case at the highest possible value and we aren’t afraid to go to trial on your behalf.
Under the benefits of a workers’ compensation plan, you may be entitled to receive:
- Medical care to help you recover from a work-related injury, illness, or psychological stress
- Supplemental job displacement benefits if you do not recover completely
- Weekly benefits while you are temporarily out of work due to disability
- Weekly payments (or lump sum) for temporary disability
- Weekly payments (or lump sum) for permanent disability
- Death benefits to surviving family members
No Costs Until We Win Your Case!
At The Law Offices of Gerald L. Marcus, we emphasize affordable representation. We specifically choose to work on a contingency fee basis for our clients, meaning you won’t have to pay any out-of-pocket legal fees until we help you obtain a satisfactory resolution for your particular workers’ compensation claim. In addition, we always offer our clients a free, no-obligation case evaluation.
Contact our firm today at (800) 905-8777 to learn how we can help you after a workplace accident. Consultations are always free.
GET PAID FOR YOUR INJURIES
“Thank you for the compassion & great professional service that I received from your office. If the need arises I will refer anyone who needs representation to your office. Sincerely”
– Linda S. Barrett
“When he told me the settlement on my case I started to cry I was so taken back. I wrote my first yelp review this morning on your company. I’m still in awe. This is my first accident I’ve ever been in …”
– Debbie R
“You did exactly what you said you would do and always kept us in the loop and treated him with the utmost respect.”
– Marilyn and Jack B.
What Sets Us Apart?
We Are Successful In More Than 95% Of Our Cases & Have Recovered More Than $250 MILLION
IN SETTLEMENTS, VERDICTS, & AWARDS FOR OUR CLIENTS
Settlement During Trial
Settlement During Trial
Struck by a Car